Meet Our Team
Michael Cassaday, D.O.
Since joining Gastroenterology Consultants in 2004, Dr. Michael A. Cassaday has performed more than 10,000 colonoscopies. The numbers are huge, but he keeps his focus on each individual patient. “I am committed to understanding each person’s unique needs and situations,” he says.
A native of Bellevue, Iowa, Dr. Michael Cassaday is a graduate of University of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Services in Des Moines, Iowa. He completed his internship at Davenport (Iowa) Osteopathic Hospital and residency at the Naval Regional Medical Center in Oakland, Calif. He also completed a fellowship in gastroenterology at the Brooke Army Medical Center, Fort Sam Houston in Texas.
Retired from the U.S. Army with the rank of Colonel, Dr. Cassaday and his wife are the parents of two children.
- American Board of Internal Medicine: Gastroenterology
- Licensed in Illinois and Iowa
- American Medical Association
- American Gastroenterology Association
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American College of Physicians
- Iowa Medical Society