Meet Our Team
Pamela Papas, M.D.
Pathologists don’t typically see patients directly, but they collaborate with physicians to provide information critical to a patient’s treatment. “The patholigist is a part of the chain in reaching a final diagnosis,” Dr. Pamela Papas explains. “Pathology is a visual practice and requires integration of clinical and procedural data into a final microscopic diagnosis.”
Dr. Papas is a graduate of Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Mich. She completed residencies in Anatomical and Clinical Pathology at Wayne State University and the University of Illinois at Chicago, and fellowships in Gynecologic Pathology (Wayne State) and Pathology/Cytopathology (Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit and University of Chicago Hospitals). She has also been an instructor at the university level.
She and her husband are the parents of two children.
- American Board of Pathology
- Lincensed in Illinois, Indiana and Michigan
Memberships in Professional and Scientific Societies
- Diplomate, National Board of Medical Examiners
- American Medical Association
- Illinois Society of Pathology
- American Society for Clinical Pathology
- College of American Pathologists
- American Society of Cytopathology
- United States and Canada Academy of Pathology